Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA)
B.S. Chemistry, B.S. Computer Science (dual degree), Minor in Collaborative Piano (May 2022)
- 2022 K&L Gates Prize Awardee.
- Fall 2021 Phi Beta Kappa Initiate.
- 2022 Andrew Carnegie Society Scholar.
- 2022 Senior Leadership Recognition.
- Sigma Alpha Iota Scholastic Award (awarded to the graduating senior female member with the highest cumulative scholastic average in the Alpha Mu chapter of Sigma Alpha Iota, an international music fraternity).
- University Honors (cumulative QPA above 3.5), Mellon College of Science College Honors (carried out significant research).
- Scotch’n’Soda Theatre. Vice President (2021–2022); Music Liaison (2020–2021); Secretary (2019–2020); Music Director (2019–2022); Pianist (2018–2022).
- CMU All-University Orchestra. Assistant Conductor (2021–2022).
- Sigma Alpha Iota, Alpha Mu Chapter. Sergeant-at-Arms (2021–2022); Music Chair (2020–2021); Member (2019–2022).
- Academic Review Board/University Disciplinary Committee. University Board Member (2019–2022).
- Carnegie Mellon Informatics and Mathematics Competition Organizing Team. Logistics Officer (2019–2020).
- Spring Carnival Committee, Member (2018–2019).
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST)
Advanced Studies Diploma (June 2018)
Noonan Research Group (polymer chemistry)
(Carnegie Mellon University, 05/2019–05/2021)
- Conducted research through the 2019 Summer Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship
- Investigated novel syntheses of cations that functionalize anion exchange membranes
- Utilized standard organic synthesis techniques as well as GPC, H-NMR, and IR analysis
Porco Research Group (organic chemistry)
(Boston University, 07/2017–08/2017)
- Conducted studies towards a novel synthesis of indoles with concurrent group migration
- Investigated a new reaction pathway inspired by an unexpected result in mentor’s work
- Worked up reactions and employed H-NMR, C-NMR, and UPLC-MS analysis
Head Chemistry Teaching Assistant
(TJHSST, Alexandria, VA; 06/2018–07/2018)
- Facilitated communication between teachers and other TAs
- Kept in correspondence with parents of students regarding the summer curriculum
- Created quizzes and other review materials to provide to the 130-student class
Chemistry Teaching Assistant
(TJHSST, Alexandria, VA; 07/2016–08/2016)
- Helped teach the Honors Chemistry I curriculum in an accelerated timeframe of 5 weeks
- Worked with students to support them in better understanding chemistry concepts
- Devised and taught a unit on organic chemistry alongside other TAs
(Palo Alto Networks, Santa Clara, CA; 08/2022–present)
15-122 Instructor of Record
(CMU School of Computer Science, Pittsburgh, PA; 05/2022–06/2022)
Software Engineering Intern
(Palo Alto Networks, Santa Clara, CA; 05/2021–08/2021)
- Developed an integrated device monitoring dashboard to facilitate testing and monitoring
- Collaborated with engineers across different teams to build upon existing infrastructure
- Utilized Grafana for front-end and PHP, Python, InfluxDB, and MySQL for back-end
15-122 Lead Teaching Assistant
(CMU School of Computer Science, Pittsburgh, PA; 08/2020–05/2022)
- Managed course logistics and infrastructure in order to ensure the course runs smoothly
- Coordinated a team of 45+ teaching assistants and onboards new teaching assistants
Software Engineering Intern
(Network Medical Management, Alhambra, CA; 06/2020–08/2020)
- Designed and implemented a full-stack web portal from scratch for use by physicians
- Collaborated with business users and executives to add functionalities relevant to end users
- Utilized Bootstrap/jQuery/JsRender for front-end and Flask/SQLAlchemy for backend
15-122 Teaching Assistant
(CMU School of Computer Science, Pittsburgh, PA; 08/2019–05/2022)
- Assisted in teaching code correctness, data structures, and algorithms to over 500 students
- Led recitations and labs, facilitating a collaborative environment for student learning
- Guided student understanding of concepts and assignments one-on-one in office hours
Mathematics Content Writing Intern
(Expii, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA; 09/2018–05/2019)
- Created educational content aimed at a target demographic of high school students
- Authored problems, solutions, and topic explanations in mathematics, primarily Algebra 1
- Assisted in creation of mathematics curricula based upon existing pedagogical research
Quagmire: a C0 compiler (2021)
(project for 15-411: Compiler Design @ CMU)
- Built a compiler for C0, a safe subset of the C language, in OCaml nearly from scratch
- Implemented optimizations yielding substantial execution time and code size improvements
- Extended the language using dependent types to optimize array bounds checking
- Built a Discord bot for use by 15-122 during the Spring/Summer 2021 remote semesters
- Implemented automated student roster verification and role management features
- Utilized Python, Discord API, and Heroku Redis to build back-end infrastructure
Cleversign: a real-time American Sign Language interpreter (2018)
- Built a classifier that outputs English letters given visual webcam input of ASL hand signs
- Retrained Google’s Inception-V3 convolutional neural network (CNN) using TensorFlow
- Utilized OpenCV for image preprocessing, i.e. isolating the hand’s shape in each frame